- This event has passed.
COP26 – what was it, what did it achieve and what next for the climate and nature emergency?
22nd November 2021 @ 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm
NUJ London Magazine Branch – November 2021 branch meeting
Date and time: Monday 22 November, 6.30 pm
Join the Zoom Meeting online details: www.facebook.com/groups/LondonMagsNUJ/
With speaker Gareth Simkins, environmental policy journalist and NUJ London Magazine Branch member
COP26 was the biggest event that the UK has laid on since the 2012 Olympics. But its outcome, reached a day after the talks were supposed to conclude, has been greeted with plaudits and condemnation alike. Branch member and environmental policy journalist Gareth Simkins, who attended the first week of the talks, will review what happened and why, the array of side deals and what it all means for the world.
The meeting will begin with branch business including workplace reports. Gareth will be speaking at 7pm.
1. Approve October branch meeting minutes (draft minutes attached)
2. Workplace reports + membership upd
3. COP26 discussion – led by Gareth Simkins Membership – new and lapsed members
4. Discussion of future meetings
– December social
– Film screening + Q&A: Reporting of violence against women/press freedom in Turkey
Look forward to seeing you there.
All the best
NUJ London Magazine Branch Committee
For any queries please contact Branch Chair Caroline Price on firstname.lastname@example.org
Join our Facebook page: